Monday 30 October 2017

And so today, my world, it smiles.

Today, I returned to work. Not only had my lovely work friends organised a cake sale, to raise funds for the CF Trust, but they had created a 'Get Better Box' for Isaac and all the family - including vouchers (massage for me, money for Isaac, and cinema for the girls) and a huge array of games and goodies.

As well as homemade food deliveries from our friends Gem, Jin, and Lizzie; the other day Ju and Jess sent a whole box of stuff for the kids, gin and a luscious fish pie; Other friends have had us over and spoilt us (love you Fountains); Isaac's school friends and staff have sent chocolates and costa vouchers; We've had cards and messages from people we haven't seen in ages; and people are sharing my blog to help raise CF and organ donation Awareness. 

It's all quite.... overwhelming, in a wonderful way. I held it together at work all day, not a single tear, but hell, they made it hard for me.... Thank you all so much, you crazy, wonderful, amazing people! 

Better still, Isaac continues to recover, and managed a part day at school today, the first time in a month. No more test results yet. We're just trying to enjoy being home together while we can. Big love x 

Normality: noun; the condition of being normal; the state of being usual, typical, or expected.