Monday 30 August 2021

College... tomorrow (eek!)

I’m sure I’ve posted these pictures a few times before. But he hardly lets me picture him anymore (ARGH!). Today we cycled to his new college together - he hopes to mix bike and bus. It is not a short distance (took about an hour today, but that said, I had a slow puncture, and he is very unfit after a summer of gaming and being unwell. Pretty sure he could get this down to 45). I can’t tell you how proud I am of him for trying. He is doing so much better, and the timing could not be more perfect, after a shitty couple of months for him. I’m feeling a mix of excitement and trepidation for him.... but the reasonable part of my mind knows this will be good for him. Sixth form, new friends, a better routine. Renewed reasons for staying as well as he can. That’s the hope. 

My children are so frickin extraordinary, all of them x x x