Friday 1 January 2021

The 500k commenced!

I am walking 500km over January (and some wonderful friends and family will be pledging their own active challenges in the theme of 500 to support my fundraising further) to raise much needed funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. More than ever, charities need your donations, and we need a cure for CF. To read more, and sponsor us, please click here. 

First day of walking today, and it drizzled or rained the whole time. The route was not a pretty one, but avoided floods and mud, so I could at least cover more ground. Not a bad start. Loving my new boots, keeping my feet dry, while everything else felt soggy. I must admit, while I probably walk 5-10k most days anyway, stepping it up to 15-20k a day is quite a jump, and to average that a day.... I may have kinda, a little, just slightly, underestimated what a challenge this would be, ha! Nevermind, I will succeed. And hopefully if the rains stop, I’ll be able to enjoy more beautiful routes, and anyway, the music saves me. Today’s rambling song of the day was the wonderful Four Horsemen, by Aphrodite’s Child (listen to here.)

I’ll be posting updates so you can see my running total every few days. Thank you so much for all the support so far. 

Health update; Isaac started a third antibiotic and anti-fungals concurrently a couple of days ago, hoping to kick some serious CF bug butt. He’s not yet feeling any better, but the hope is we can delay IV treatment a little longer with this plan. X

Today’s long walk. And no, I didn’t give up at the end, but needed a lift back as it was getting dark and I ran out of footpaths 😂


Today’s total.