Thursday 7 January 2021

500? Pah! Why not 1000!!!

I posted a couple of days ago to say that I had to postpone my 500km walking challenge. 

To say I had a heavy heart doing this is an understatement. This is not a boast at all, but in the last 15 years I have walked Ben Nevis, the Yorkshire 3 peaks (stopping to breastfeed a baby Anouk en route!), trekked (I can’t even remember how far) over the Brecon Beacons, practically crawled 50km in a day in the Surrey Hills, threw myself out of a plane, walked for miles in fancy dress locally (twice), shaved off all my hair, got married, organised a big family fun day... all in aid of the CF Trust. Never once have I failed or given up. 

But lockdown really makes this impossible (working, home schooling, lockdown rules). After struggling with this, knowing either way I let people down (people who have sponsored me already, or my kids) I decided to postpone to March (hopefully post lockdown?). 

But..... enter super friends and family! 

I still plan to cover 300km over the month, in the now limited time that I have, but some pretty amazing people, as far away as NZ and Mexico, will now be walking with me. To make this still a challenge worthy of your support, we plan to cover 1000km by January 31st. If you would like to join us, please let me know. Maybe we can smash this record! I feel like I have just been wrapped up in a huge, global, loving hug. Can’t thank everyone enough, for the donations, the support, and the messages x 

We are walking 1000km over January to raise much needed funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. More than ever, charities need donations, and we need a cure for CF. To read more, and sponsor us, please click here. We will post updates throughout the month x 



Julian Stanczak
Conferring blue, 1979