Saturday 2 January 2021

500 /days 2 and 3

I am walking 500km over January to raise much needed funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. More than ever, charities need donations, and we need a cure for CF. To read more, and sponsor us, please click here. 

Day two. 

My legs feel like spaghetti on strings, with big boots at the end. It feels like they only move because of the pendulum effect of the last stride. Two shorter walks today, one faster one on my own, the sun now shining. Finished my audio book ‘The secret we kept’ by Lara Prescott, really good. A second with my girls, Rosa riding her new bike beside me. Obie helped pull me home. So tired tonight, I just opened the stove with my hand. At least the burn will help distract from my poor and aching feet. Can I really do this? Tomorrow I walk with my friend Sarah, which will be lovely. 



Long walk, short walk, and a day 2 total. 

Day three. 

Sarah, the poet in my heart! You saved me today. One long, muddy walk (the mud really slows us down). But really beautiful. Talking so much to my lovely friend, I didn’t feel any pain. On coming home, despite a hot bath and dinner, I couldn’t stop shivering. The cold is in my bones. The kids pile on me for cuddles, finally getting me warm again. Four new blisters, shit - how do you fix feet when you can’t take a break? Tomorrow, I’ll take a few shorter walks instead. This is tough! 

Anouk and Rosa are regularly beating their own 500 targets each day, doing star jumps and sit-ups ❤️ Keep well everyone x