Tuesday 20 December 2016

With family this Christmas?

Looking back, I think I was a wonderful mum of two. There was baking and homemade costumes aplenty. Heavens, even homework was tackled and hair brushed. In comparison, I fear I am a pretty crappy mum of three. In this run up to Christmas I've fallen into that classic parent mode where IT'S ALL TOO BLOODY STRESSFUL. I never believed parents suffering from this phenomenon before, I mean, how hard can it be to order presents online and make a Saxo stuffing? But I am, and it is. So, forgive me, no Christmas cards this year. I am making a donation to the CF Trust instead. 

And thinking of all you lovely people, who I hope are looking forward to a family Christmas too, can I suggest a light after dinner chat? Even if you are signed up to be an organ donor, your next of kin can (and surprisingly often do) override your wishes in that tragic moment. 

You are more likely to need an organ transplant than you are to donate an organ, and so it makes sense that more than half on the list die waiting due to a shortage of donors. Please sign up, and please, have that conversation while you can. Sign up here

For us, we are all well. Isaac's extra treatments since his admission have now come to an end (aside from the extra nebs which he will remain on now). He has a few tummy problems again, but is mostly well and very happy to be home and off school.  
Wishing you all a very merry time this holidays and a healthy new year too x