Tuesday 21 October 2014

Nutty kids - love em.

Had a totally ROSA'd couple of days. Bliss. Our childminders extraordinaire (aka, Grandma and Grandad Joe) are away on holiday so I am enjoying a few days off, doing all the school runs and spending some serious one on one with my littlest lovely. She is just so funny right now ('Mama... I'm taller. Me taller, but baby me Rosa, yes?'). I usually only have time off in the school holidays, to be with all three, or covering hospital visits and stays, so this is a nice change. I spent two hours on a boat (sofa) saving her from shark monsters while she bravely made expeditions for supplies (raisins) to enable us to fight the terrible monster (large cushion).... Unfortunately we both died and she insisted we lay tongues loping on our sides for a while. Much fun. 

I have been working my butt off this last year, during a huge period of change at work. I just want to do a good job, and to enjoy it along the way, but at times the pressure is ...... Blimin high. I wouldn't mind, but right now the team I am working in is not a team at all. Rather there is resentment about changes, and stress from the overload. It makes me sad. These are good people, doing a great job. We need to come together, and remember that human factor when coping with what we have, rather than complaining and whining. 

I feel like the only glass half full amongst a whole bunch of half empties.

Isaac too is having a few issues right now, mostly anger ones. Coming off the steroids seems harder than him first being on them.... He can be full of rage one minute, and then soppy the next. We had a good chat in the car (good chats with him always seem to be in the car, it's the only time he's not fidgeting or playing). We still talk all the time, about everything. I hate the thought of ever losing that. Hopefully he'll manage off the steroids and we'll get our Isey back soon. 

Had many a heart melty moment tonight at their school parents evenings. Above all, both their teachers say they are an absolute delight to teach. A sweet, clever girl who just needs a little more confidence, and a twinkly eyed boy who everyone likes and who tries so hard to please. We must be doing something right. It's a nice reminder, as often we feel so tired, trying to fit everything in, we must be letting them down.... after food, treatments and exercise, school work can sometimes be the thing that waits. Plus we think they're kind of nuts, so it's a relief that the school don't. 

So glass of bubbly tonight, listening to some lush Sharon Van Etton on the headphones while Dan geeks himself out on the Walking Dead (his favourite zombie fest). Cheers everyone.