Wednesday 18 March 2020

CoronaKindness

In the last week we have been at the receiving end of all of this: 
  • The many neighbours, sending offers of any help they can offer. 
  • My dear Mum, dropping off groceries and jigsaws in our side gate, for me to pick up after they have decontaminated for a few hours. Tearful that she can’t help more (she already does more than enough).
  • Friends from work, buying and sending me hand sanitisers, soaps and dettol, knowing I had trouble getting hold of these. Along with treats to keep us going! 
  • My cousin, sending me the medical wipes we need to clean his medical equipment. Her friend, who doesn’t know us, but went out of her way to drop these off on her way back to London. 
  • My brother, who is getting me more. 
  • The friend who thoughtfully gave Isaac a PlayStation voucher, to help keep him entertained.
  • My sister, printing off work for the kids and offering online lessons. 
  • The pharmacist, who took the trouble to order Isaac a months extra supply, so we can worry less about the supply chain breaking down, for now. 
Heartwarming doesn’t quite cover this.... this is family, community... unsolicited kindness. Thank you so much. 

Isaac is not well today, his cough is back with a vengeance, his sputum, dark. We are in touch with his team about next steps. So soon after his last IVs, we imagine the next step will be Cipro, potentially with a side of anti-fungals. Will update soon.

Stay safe, keep talking x 

Man Ray. I’m sure I’ve shared this many times before, but I love it, so have it again.