Monday 13 November 2017

This life.



We've just got home from a weekend away with a very Christmassy feel, full of swimming, feasting, water slides, tree top adventures and pony rides. The kids had a ball, and Isaac was really pretty well, this last week his health has come on in leaps and bounds. They all so deserved this. 

This week we are back at hospital for clinic and the all-telling-lung-function-tests - massively hoping for an improvement on his last results. Next week we are back in for his nasal surgery, which will likely set him back again. But only a little we hope. General anaesthetics are always a risk, and so he will have IV antibiotics throughout the surgery to give him some extra cover. Those nasty bugs like to party given half the chance. 





As close to a nice picture of the grumpy teen as we are allowed these days.... 



For me, this last week has been full of sadness too; The world has lost a funny and charming soul. Another friend is coping with the impending loss of her husband. And news of more earthquakes, the worst yet. Loss seems all around us, and I admit, at times it is hard for me to see the light amid the darkness. 

That said, I'm happy to be back at work, although busy, and trying to make better plans for future hospital admissions. As we now know we will be going in for regular, planned courses of IV antibiotics (therefore spending more time in hospital) we're trying to think of any ideas which will help us provide more stability for the kids, and enable us to work when we can. Work have been really supportive of all of my ideas, for example, allowing me to have a loan phone for admissions (so I can use the data for wifi on my laptop if I can't get to the office - Hospital is fortunately is just a ten minute cycle ride from my office, so my hope is to flit more between the two), and fully flexible working. 

In between all of this, and extra treatments for Isaac, we have been busy having as much fun possible. My little Halloween dudes: 



Have a great day. Be safe x