Tuesday 21 November 2017

Haunting and loss.

This blog is hard for me to read, in all its haunting familiarity. I know I have said before, these last few months have left me feeling a little battered and bruised, but the more I feel like that, the more in awe I am of Isaac; he doesn't sail through these things exactly, but he definitely just gets on with it (with a 'not the best' reply, a smile, and a black sense of humour, which I dig). The thought that these events may haunt or leave him traumatised going into adulthood is incredibly sad. 

Today he is feeling much better. He cooked us dinner, and made a pudding, my budding chef. We are channelling his love of food to good effect. 

CF took the life of another friend last week. I met the lovely K, and her sister (who also has CF) many years ago, through fundraising. They went out of their way to support an event I was putting on, manning the children's craft area. They were brilliant, and I was not (I learnt that event organising is not my thing). My love goes out to Emma, her family, and all of their friends. CF is too cruel x