Wednesday 23 August 2017

Part two.

Tea. Lots of eye rubbing. Attempt to tame bed hair. Nebuliser. Physio. Oral meds. Shower. Breakfast. IV's. Nebuliser. Gym and physio. Nebuliser. Lunch. Oral meds. Nebuliser. Visitors arrive (thank you so much Bon, Sonny and Asher). Gym and physio. Visitors leave. Dinner. Nebuliser. IV's. Bloods. Dan and the girls arrive (hell, I have missed them). IV's. Nebuliser. Oral meds. Dan and girls leave (there are tears). IV's. Bed. Babies crying. Machines beeping. Finally sleep. 3am IV's.... 

It has mostly been a good day. Isaac is in good spirits, and his friends visiting cheered him up no end. He struggled at the gym (breathless, coughing) but it's normal to feel worse on IV's before you start to feel better. His tolerance and humour amaze me always. Tomorrow night Dan and I will swap over, so I can have some much needed time with Anouk and Rosa too. 

My main problem is that the Toblerone remains wrapped and elusive. It's killing me. What kind of hell is this? 

Our hospital garden. My some time sanctuary;