Sunday 27 July 2014

Struggling lately, just a little.

I've been struggling a little lately. The boy has been really well (until waking up with a sore throat and fever today) but has seemed out of sorts these last few weeks. He is pushing for more and more independence, like playing out with friends, but instead of pleading nicely, he is grumpy and rude, and then the next minute cuddly and quiet. Tired and pre-teeny I guess. On top of this our big girl has chicken pox, I have ongoing work stress, end of school-term mayhem, more sad news in the CF community (23 is far too young), staying up in the garden a little too late every night (it's so hot right now) and a toddler who never sleeps in = tired and slightly withered Mum. We wait now, 24-48 hours, and if the sore throat doesn't improve, start him on a back up antibiotic (he already takes two daily, but one more might be the ticket) to try and nip it in the bud before it hits his chest. 

In other happier news, I went to Madrid for a short work trip, and fell in love with the place. I could have spent weeks rather than hours in the Reina Sofia, and need to go back to explore more. This is all made possible by my amazing family - a husband who encourages me to go despite all the hassle of managing without me, and parents who are willing to come round at sparrows fart to get the kids ready for school while he works. I am so lucky. 

Some lovely friends of mine are having problems too, B with her own health, and another two friends with relationship problems. I'm glad that I can be there for them. What goes rounds comes round, and I have great friends, and try to be the best friend I can be too. So a few people struggling, but together we laugh and cry and get through it. I am so lucky. 

Have a great day x