Sunday 6 July 2014

Canoe to the coast? Well, almost.

I am most excited. Our next fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust is planned! It's the boys turn (I am still growing my hair out after the last fundraiser) and Isaac and his friend Matthew have decided to canoe from our home village to the coast. Only you can't quite get to the coast (due to muddy banks and strong currents towards the Wash, Kings Lynn) so they are doing the next best thing, going to the last navigable part by boat, Denver sluice. This is still a huge trek; 60k, numerous locks, setting up camp, and paddling over 3 days. They are only nine. How great is that? Their Dad's will be with them (no doubt enjoying the odd pint at pubs along the way). The girls and I will be driving the support vehicle, and I hope we can get other friends and family to either join them on the river, or camping along the way with us, or even cheering them over the finishing line (please do contact me if you'd like to join us). Most importantly, you can sponsor them by clicking HERE. It will be very much appreciated, the boys are very excited about how much they might raise. 

Have a great day x