Tuesday 13 October 2020

A date.

CT scan this week, surgery before the end of the month. Cannot tell you how pleased we are (I may have cried a little when they called). 

However, it’s an oxymoron; we know/he knows he needs this to feel better longer term, but at the same time it is risky, scary and painful surgery. It’s a relief to have a plan and no more delay, but something we also absolutely dread to our bones. For now, we keep our fingers crossed that the second CV peak does not prevent planned operations again, as that would undoubtedly be worse at this point. His lung health continues to be impacted by his sinus disease, and that’s not going to change until surgery resolves this cycle. 

Today I went back to work. At least, two days a week in the office (three days at home). I NEED this. I feel bouncier already - I appreciate that many are working from home and loving it; we all manage in different ways, but lockdown has only highlighted to me how much I need to be with people (possibly some of that is to distract myself from the day to day stress of CF). Anyway, it may be short lived; should the R number rise in this area I will stay home, but for now, I will take that monitor, that desk, that comfy chair, and seeing ACTUAL PEOPLE (in 3D!) and I’ll enjoy it while I can. The data on people with CF contracting COVID remains super positive - and he no longer needs to shield any more than we do. What a weird disease?! I think we’re only now beginning to gain any understanding of it. 

I am thinking of all that are struggling with the restricted pandemic life, it is not easy, and I know I am so much luckier than most to even have the options I do. 

Keep well x 




A weirdly empty office.