Tuesday 11 June 2019

We made it (and hospital)

It was not only 67km.... but 69 (some 43 miles) due to some wee detours along the way. Starting at 6am, with torrential rain and injury time we made it to the end at nearly midnight. During this epic walk I know we all hit walls, felt pain, weariness, love and laughter, but to the end, we were together - guiding each other in the darkness. Thank you so much for supporting us, it means so much to all of us (if you have not yet, you can still sponsor us hereWe’re almost at our target (£5000). 

To Jo’s team, Michelle, Jo, Jenny, Cassie, Erika and Tracy, incredible job ladies, and you beat us too! I can’t thank you all enough for joining this bonkers mission and raising much needed funds for the CF Trust. 

To my Holywalkamolies team - I hope you know how much I love you all. 

Shell, Matt and Sarah, it has been so incredibly special to spend so many walk and training hours with you - you were all incredible! 
To Bon, Jennifer, Bodhi and Anouk, you made this all happen. I’m not sure I’ve ever been so happy to see someone as when we saw you all at the checkpoints!
Gem and Annie, you lied! You said you couldn’t possibly walk that far. But you did. And your singing and dancing saved me from despair. Thank you for all the laughter. 
To Gavin, I hope your feet are not permanently damaged. You mad old lovely fool! 

Some pictures for you below of some very special people and some pretty awesome memories. 

We are going into hospital on Thursday for a bronchoscopy, followed by two weeks of IVs, and then possibly a CT scan too. Isaac is home sick right now and feeling pretty rubbish, so we’re hoping he will be well enough for theatre. Sunny side up? It’s good to have a plan. More soon x 





















If the sun refused to shine 
I would still be loving you 
When mountains crumble to the sea
There will still be you and me 
Kind woman, I give you my all 
Kind woman, nothing more
Little drops of rain whisper of the pain 
Tears of loves lost in the days gone by 
My love is strong, with you there is no wrong
Together we shall go until we die 
My, my, my inspiration is what you are to me 
Inspiration look, see
And so today, my world it smiles 
Your hand in mine, we walk the miles 
Thanks to you it will be done 
For you to me are the only one
Happiness, no more be sad 
Happiness, I'm glad
If the sun refused to shine 
I would still be loving you 
Mountains crumble to the sea 
There will still be you and me

Zeppelin.