Friday 15 December 2017

Fundraising and friends.

It is looking like we will have raised more than £900 at the annual Christmas Raffle we held at my work yesterday (still counting up the pennies, and the company match what we make up to a certain amount per year). We have been doing this for twelve years now, in aid of the CF Trust, since Isaac was diagnosed. It started as a way to fairly share out all the gifts that suppliers sent us at Christmas; booze, chocolates, even Playstations, while making money for charity at the same time. But due to compliance rules these days, we get less and less from suppliers, and instead, more and more of my lovely colleagues put in personal donations, bake cakes, and buy tickets; making them all the more incredible. I honestly could not think of a more heart-warming place to work - I count many of my colleagues as my dearest friends, and the support they give me, our family, and the fundraising we do is nothing short of incredible. I am never quite sure how long I will be able to keep working for (only for as long as Isaac is well enough for me to), so I appreciate everyday, and everyone. 

We also had an unbelievably kind gift from a very old and dear friend this week, for our family personally. I don't cry often, but it's usually huge kindness that brings it out in me - and this completely floored me. We are taking our time to think about how best to spend this on the kids, after such a crappy year, this is a wonderful treat. R and family - thank you so much. We won't forget this, and whatever the kids decide to spend it on, I promise, it will be unforgettable! 

Christmas seems to have come early in Moly World. I hope it has for you too x