Sunday 13 November 2016

All is well.

It's been a good weekend. Isaac's IVs are well timed, we get a few hours free in the afternoon, and today he came home for that short time and went out to play with friends. His chest sounds worse, but this is likely good news; The gunk is on the move. Tonight he has returned to the ward with Dan, and I'll take over in the morning for the next 4 nights. I'm enjoying time with Anouk and Rosa, we sleep in a soft heap of girlieness. But while I know he is in safe hands, it is still very hard for me to not be with him. We sleep in his bed to feel close to him.

Monday means the return to proper doctors rounds, and a whole lot more tests to see if these antibiotics are having a positive affect. We know that we are in the right place, and fighting against CF aggressively like this is right; we welcome the battle as it will keep him well longer. But it's not easy to explain to a 4 and 7 year old who just want their family to be together.

Thank you for all the lovely messages. People have said in the past that they haven't contacted us because they didn't want to say the wrong thing, or ask what might be intrusive questions. But in my experience, I would always rather people did ask, however silly they might think their questions are, that you are thinking of him enough to ask shows that you care.

Hoping to have good news for you soon. If his lung function increases enough, we may get to finish off the course at home, once I've had my refresher training as 'nurse Lizzy'. Keep everything crossed! Good night all x