Sunday 17 April 2016

Trek on

Its taken a while, but we're all feeling better. Although Isaac continues to never quite make it through a whole week at school.... the anti sickness meds are fantastic, but only if we get them into him as soon as he starts to feel nauseous. If we're too late, once he starts, he can't stop. And going to school having just been sick everywhere and its going to take a while for your tummy to calm down is not always possible. ANYHOW... It's much better than it has been, so can't complain. He doesn't.

We are training hard now for the trek, less than 7 weeks to go (please please sponsor us here, this will be 12+ hours of hard slog!). I managed to get my laces tangled together and totally face planted last week, hurting my shoulder and hand. But while my legs are still going, so shall I! Feeling quite excited now, our team is now 10 lovely ladies (THANK YOU ALL!). 

This week my thoughts are with my uncle and cousins who have just lost my aunt so sadly, suddenly and unexpectedly. Despite their tragedy, they have thought of the CF Trust and are asking for donations rather than flowers. So very very kind. 

The CF trust are doing such important work in research, support and awareness. And how lucky are we to live in a time where cause-treating drugs are a real possibility that could one day make CF stand for Cure Found? Oh, and did I mention, you can sponsor us here?😜

For Margaret, Edgar, Tod, Penny, Jayne, Anders, Toria, Emily and Eva... Party on up there. Miss you x