Wednesday 27 April 2016

Annual review letter.

So this is the dreaded and yet eagerly awaited letter with all of his results from the many tests he had last month. Not a huge amount of surprises... Mostly about his tummy issues, low immunoglobulins blah blah, things we are only too aware of. As I do every year, at our following clinic appointment I'll ask a million questions about the many results (honestly, the blood work alone is 2 pages long). 

Anyway, one thing that did stand out was in the Psychologists review, who wrote 'Isaac's responses to the survey show signs that his CF causes him emotional distress'. 

Now fortunately for us, Isaac is the most chilled out dude ever, who tends to worry very little. Yeah, we often agree that CF sucks at times, and how it feels unfair. But he's never really been sad about it, just frustrated. But worried that I may have underestimated his feelings I asked him about the survey tonight; 

Me; So Ise, you know that survey you did in clinic last time, did it ask about how you feel about CF honey? (Giving him a loving hug) 

Him; oh yeah.... but I mostly just ticked any old thing (followed by roars of laughter and him pulling his underpants up to his chest giving himself a huge wedgie...). Ha ha, I'm dad, I'll give you EMOTIONAL DISTRESS (more laughter). 

No worries on that front just yet. And while he is happy, so am I. 
Goodnight x 

PS; my auntie Margaret's kindness in life has raised more than £850 for the CF Trust in her passing, in lieu of flowers. Ian, Helen & Sian, love love love x