Wednesday 30 December 2015

Early New Year Cheer

I bring early New Year Cheer to you good people! I am excited to tell you that I, along with six fabulous ladies will be entering what we hope will be our biggest fundraiser for the CF Trust yet....  

Almost eleven years ago.... When Isaac was first diagnosed at three weeks old, I set a goal in my mind of raising £50,000 for the CF Trust by the time he was ten. Our family and friends have been wonderful and so far between us we have completed the following; 

10k, half and full marathons 
Clmibed Ben Nevis and completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks
Shaved off hair
Skydives
Organised a family fun day
Raffled off wedding dances and asked for donations in lieu of wedding presents
Held charity numerous Bridge days, and many work cake sales
Zip slides across Old Trafford
For Isaac's first personal challenge he canoed from where we live to the coast
Campaigned for our employers to have the Trust as their Charity of the Year
Held a Christmas Raffle annually at Cambridge University Press 
Got all made up in fancy dress to complete sponsored walks
Made and sold over 500 scented candles 

And yet, I am not quite there..... I failed my target :o( 

.... But they say, better late than never, right? If I'm being kind to myself a few pregnancies and many hospital stays have somewhat thrown a spanner in the works, but I am determined to make up for it. And fortunately for me, I have some fantastic friends to help me as always. So we (my ever supportive sister Jo, and my friends Lemon, Sarah, Jess, Erika and her friend Sarah) will be taking on the next challenge together - one much harder than our past efforts... For we will be trekking 50km in a day, over the very steep Brecon Beacons (the training grounds of the SAS). Jeepers! 

I am only about £5000 off reaching my goal. I would really appreciate every single donation, big or small, towards that goal.... So please visit our fundraising page here and continue to read and support this blog.... the whole point of which is to raise awareness of CF, organ donation, and share our own news with friends, family and other CF families (who I LOVE hearing from, so please do drop me a message). 

Thank you SO MUCH for your support - it means the world to us. Lizzy x