Thursday 27 November 2014

Merry Molys

Clinic this week bought good news. His lung function is up another 2%. Doesn't sound like much, but it's going in the right direction, even though he is off the steroids. He is a little rattely again, so we're upping his nebulisers. Five a day instead of four. On a good day this would take him 50 minutes, but in reality, it can take anything up to 2.5 hours, mostly down to his lack of concentration (his neb is breath activated, and it only releases the drug when he has breathed deeply enough for the drug to reach his small airways. Clever things nebs these days). But overall, a good visit, and as always we are so thankful to have such a fantastic team at Addenbrookes.

I'm even beginning to feel Christmassy. We have much to look forward to this month, and beyond. I am one of those people that has to have a project or plan to look forward to.... Be that a baby, an extension, a party, a fundraiser.... and our next plan is something entirely new for us. More to come on that soon! Happy days all x

PS; and just in case she reads, Happy Birthday to the most amazing Mum ever. Last weekend she organised (yet another) fantastic CF fundraiser, and there washing up, I found myself helped not just by her, but also my step dad and my dad. Our family has changed in so many way, but we all come together when it counts. I am very lucky to have them all.