Saturday 28 June 2014

Happy birthday squeaker, and other summer fun.

Things have been pretty sweet recently. Kids are all well, woohoo! Our baby girl turned two (how did that happen?). Our middle kiddle and her friends spend their school break times singing Frozen songs with dramatic hand gestures which she later performs for us at home. I went to an art exhibition with my lovely friend S, where the artist performed with film, guitar, lyrics, and smearing clay and gold over a board, dressed barefoot with blobs of foil over his forehead. When he made up a song consisting only of the lyrics 1, 2, 3 and 4 on a loop, I could have laughed, but really I found it quite beautiful. And our boy is away on cub camp for the first time. It very nearly broke my heart when they invited all the cubs away, and he looked round for me with eyes cast down, a knowing look on his face, thinking he wouldn't be able to. He is such a worrier. When he asked me, I said 'OF COURSE! WHY NOT! Daddy or I will just have to come as a parent helper, and while we're there, we'll get your physio, nebs and meds done. Easy as pie!'. Only they only wanted parent helpers that are actually good at things like putting up tents and making rafts out of a matchbox and a pair of old pants. And so the hubby's gone, and the girls and I are having a wonderfully dry girly weekend.... Oh, and it's raining out.... Oops. Have fun my gorgeous boys, I know you will x

PS: Another thing exciting me, our next fundraiser is planned! More on that soon.