Sunday 25 August 2024

Rub your soul against life

Isaac is stable. IV’s seem to have done their bug massacring trick, for now. A fight we never truly win. We are still waiting on test results to understand his weight loss/fatigue/general feeling crappiness. 

I had a major wobble when it struck me that an additional diagnosis (CF related diabetes or other) might leave him ineligible for clinical trials in the near future. A rug that we’ve been comfortably stood on for the last year or more was tugged and my mind fell. It’s the not knowing that kills me too. 

For now we wait. I try and calm my palpitating heart. Isaac is heroic. My girls, friends, family, dogs, and horses (not ours, but very kindly shared with us) help plateau my fluctuating mood, and my heart smiles again ❤️❤️❤️

Cystic Fibrosis is a life limiting, genetic condition, affecting some 10,000 people in the UK alone. CF sufferers often, as a last resort, need to trade in their damaged CF lungs for the lungs of a generous stranger. To sign up to support organ transplantation, please visit https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ and tell your loved ones of your wishes, as even when signed up, the decision becomes theirs after your death. Thank you. 






Horse show with the beautiful Gjosta (thank you Nev!) - cuddling my girl. 

Rare picture allowed of Anouk, Rosa and me without facepalm. 


Camping hot tub night with Lemon, Gra and Ned ❤️
Our newest love, Skyfaxa. Icelandic horse love. 


Gjosta & Rosa.