Thursday 23 February 2023

Exciting possibilities

I’ve just come from a live Q&A session with an expert panel on advances in genetic therapies and CF. I can honestly say I’ve never been so excited about research, nor so optimistic about having a clinical trial that could make such a huge difference so within our reach. I can almost touch it… 

The panel that I was a part of tonight was recorded and will be available to view at some point, but in the meantime, this CFF (US) video will give you an insight into our potential options. Trials in the UK start later this year. It’s all a bit mind blowing after no possible options (to treat the underlying cause of his disease, rather than just the symptoms) for almost 18 years. 

Next post… 18 years of our wonderful boy x

Dali drawing following a Dali VR adventure (fully recommend this exhibition) with these beautiful friends x