Tuesday 2 February 2021

5000 THANK YOU’S

Before lockdown, I pledged to walk 500km over the month of January for sponsorship in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Unfortunately, lockdown here in the U.K, home schooling, and then Isaac becoming less well again, and subsequently needing two weeks of intravenous antibiotics meant that this was not possible, however hard I tried to make it happen. Mostly, this was due to time... an average of 17km a day would take me around three hours. Gutted, I wrote that I would need to push back the challenge until after lockdown (whenever that might be). 

However, the lovely Claire White suggested instead make this a group challenge, and suddenly flocks of family and friends volunteered to join, walking separately, but in heart, very much together..... from as far away as Mexico, New Zealand, Poland and the Netherlands! And so the group challenge was born; to collectively walk 1000km over the month. I set a new target of 300km for my part, only part way through the month, so many people had volunteered, we upped the group ante to 2000km..... and what happened? 

My total: 300km
Group total: 2650km!!!
Total raised for this walking challenge and our fundraising at Cambridge University Press: £5110 ❤️

To read more, or sponsor us still, please click here....and to everyone who walked, donated, thought of us, thank so much. 

Special thanks to Claire, my Sarah, Camila, Anna, my sister Jo, my lovely Mum, Vanessa, Sam, Yasemin, Jo T, Steph, Jess, Hannah, Debbie, Chloe, Kay, Erika, Mieke, Jon & Flynn, Dilys, Gavin, Lemon, Kasia, Fran, Sarah OD, Tilly & Heather x (so sorry if I missed anyone!). 

It means the world, really, and 5000 thank you’s doesn’t cover it x