Friday 24 April 2020

Week 6

At least, I think it’s six weeks since we started isolation? I lose count. 

We are all doing OK. We now have priority access to supermarket deliveries from the government sharing the extra vulnerable shielders lists, we can now start to repay the kind neighbours who have helped us before now. We have had no issues with drug supplies yet (even had the local pharmacist deliver to our door so we can avoid pick up in person). And best of all, Isaac is well. He finished the anti-fungal treatment with no issues with his liver function (but with the dry lips again, but not bleeding like last time). The community nurses came the other day for bloods and post flush, and it felt really odd to have someone else in the house again. 

I’m so thankful that the kids are coping so well with lockdown. No, they don’t study all day, but they create, they write, they get energetic, they play with each other, they redesign their rooms, and best of all, they seem happy. For me, I am more restless. I want, and I miss. And for now, I’m just trying to park that whole question about when this might end, not so much for us, but for Isaac, and all those others more vulnerable. Sending out the biggest virtual hugs to you all. And thank you to everyone who has messaged to ask how we are doing, never ever get sick of all that kindness. Stay well x 

Never felt so lucky to have a garden (and our now completed new pond) and lakes nearby for dog walks; I hope these pictures cheer you, rather than frustrate if you can’t do the same!