Sunday 9 December 2018

Lakes, walks, coughs.

Today I walked round the lakes with Obie, headphones on, music loud. Cleared my head some, as I was feeling pretty miserable when I woke. Although I’ve gradually moved his IV times so they are now a reasonable 7am and 7pm, I keep waking up at 5am, irrationally fretting until 7am that I might sleep through my alarm (which I never do).  

Isaac is a smidgen better. Still coughing but he hasn’t been sick since Friday (he coughs and coughs and coughs so hard he is sick when he is this ill). Should be a good sign that he is turning a corner, but not as well yet as I hoped he would be by now on IVs. He has repeat lung function tests Wednesday. We need him better by then, otherwise we could be looking at an admission. 

The deal I have with Isaac about this blog is that he doesn’t care what I write (he agrees awareness is a good thing) but he doesn’t like pictures of him looking sick (fair enough), but if you would like a better idea of what a CF cough can be like, you can check out this couple who vlog daily about life with CF. Gives you a fair idea of what Isaac’s mornings look like right now.

My walk today:



The far reaching affects of Cystic Fibrosis; 



Organised me a new IVs cupboard (this makes me very happy): 


Hoping to write a jolly Christmas blog soon x