Monday 26 February 2018

Got to scrape that shit right off your shoes.

Isaac has missed about half of the school days this year, through no fault of his own, and hospital school does very little to make up for this absence as he is usually too unwell in hospital to actively participate. But at parents evening this week they had nothing but praise for how well he is doing this term. Yes, he is a little behind in a few places, but nowhere near as much as his absence suggests. Along with this, he now up to doing CrossFit three times a week, and football twice a week. This, the same kid who was in PICU four months ago, wheelchair bound, on 24hr oxygen. He is my frickin hero! He is not feeling hugely great right now, and we’re due back in hospital for tests next week, but for now we’re feeling happy and super proud. 



"Sweet Virginia" The Rolling Stones; 
Wadin' through the waste stormy winter,
And there's not a friend to help you through.
Tryin' to stop the waves behind your eyeballs,
Drop your reds, drop your greens and blues.
Thank you for your wine, California,
Thank you for your sweet and bitter fruits.
Yes I got the desert in my toenail
And I hid the speed inside my shoe.
I want you to come on, come on down Sweet Virginia,
I want you come on, honey child, I beg of you.
I want you come on, come on down, you got it in you.
(honey child)
Got to scrape the shit right off you shoes.
But Come on, come on down Sweet Virginia,
Come on, honey child, I beg of you.
Come on, come on down, you got it in you.
(honey child)