Sunday 25 June 2017

Crashes and Coughs.

After a really good spell with his chest, we've hit another rough patch. It's hard to explain, but his cough sounds and behaves differently to ours. Deep and reverberating. Coming in waves. Infection without fever. This means extra physio, samples to the lab, and CF clinic this week. He is not far off his school camp, so really hoping his lung function tests go well. 

He is also cut up and bruised from a bike accident. On the way home today from a 10m ride to a nearby town for a drink and pasty by the river, he flipped my fixie bike over. It's all elbows and knees, but as I saw it all play out in front of me, hell my heart burst out of my chest! In his usual good humour he picked himself up and carried on. 

I absolutely love our time alone together, he is the best company. His CF dictates that we spent more time together than most sons and mums, but I can't think of anyone more wonderful to do this with. Bloody love that boy. 

This weekend was also our little Rosa's fifth birthday. We surprised her with a disco dome bouncy castle in the garden for her party, lights and music included. Such fun, and some pretty cool physio for Ise (bouncing is great for clearing mucous). She had the best time, our little Banosa, and Anouk made it the best party by mothering all the littlies, she is so wonderful. We partied until late. 

I am off to the Orkambi protest at Westminster tomorrow. Read more about this here. I am looking forward to venting some energy in this great cause, hooking up with other CF parents, and fitting in a swift Tate Modern visit on my way. 

Have a great day x