Tuesday 7 February 2017

The good, the bad, and the damn right annoying.

The good

Isaac trialling two dry powder inhalers again (Colobreathe and Tobi Podhaler). If he can tolerate them this time, this would mean two less nebulisers a day and much quicker treatment times. 
Having my dream job and fantastic colleagues. Off to Madrid again soon - one of my favourite cities. 
Rosa performing the Gingerbread Man with her class, and not having a paddy about it. So cute. 
Dan and I going to Croatia for a weekend to celebrate a 40th birthday with some very old friends. Thank you GP x
Planning a joint party for my own 40th this year too. Be warned friends, there will be fancy dress shenanigans! 

The bad;

Pseudo-bloody-monas infection exacerbation. More antibiotics. Poor kid.
Isaac likely needing sinus surgery. But waiting on ENT appointment...
....Over stretched NHS ☹️
Angry Rosa (Nice Rosa's nemesis, who throws glasses of water on the floor, rips all the pages from a book, and runs away from doting grandparents). Scary.
Annual review looming, tests aplenty, but feeling less and less confident that they will deliver good news this year. 

The annoying

Pre-teeniness, and trouble in school. Uh oh. 
Unhelpful pharmacy dispensary staff (yes, I really do mean 14 boxes of Creon per month, it is not a mistake. Oh look, despite having this conversation three days ago, you have still given me just four, and yet you're insistent that this is my fault? Wonderful). 
Relentless treatment regime, but always worrying you could do more. There is always more. 
Him trying harder at treatments and being more compliant, and yet being more symptomatic rather than less. DRRRR! 

My mojo seems to have moseyed off track a little today.... but who knows what tomorrow will bring (summer would be nice). If I believed in luck I'd be expecting a truck load for my boy to arrive; I wish I could give him all of mine. He complains a hell of a lot less than I do. 

Have a great day x