Sunday 20 March 2016

My sister

My sisters biggest fault and her greatest strength is that she is a people pleaser. She will sign herself up to every challenge and committee going, despite already doing too much. 
She is generous to her core. 
She is almost always late. 
But will take 52 minutes saying goodbye before she actually leaves. 
She is sociable and bubbly. 
She knows everyone, and everyone knows her. Probably because of the 34 commitees she is signed up for. 
She has had her heart spectacularly broken, but she got through it. 
She is stronger than she thinks. 
She is fantastic teacher, friend, daughter, Mum.
She is married to someone lovely but so completely different, but between them they have produced two of the best kids ever made. 
I am the proudest auntie. 
She does too much and I worry about her sometimes. 
Unlike me, she can play musical instruments. 
Unlike me, she has really naff taste in music. 
She is always there for me, for us all. 
She is always the first visitor at the hospital, and the last to leave. 
The day after our wedding, she turned up first thing in the morning, hungover, to clear up the party mess before we woke. I'd never loved her more. 
She has joined me on every single fundraiser for CF so far (although not the hair shaving oddly). 
She is the best sister I could ever have hoped for... (apart from when she repeats the same cringey stories from the past about me). 
hope my kids to grow up able to lean on each other in the same way. 
Knowing you can count on someone so completely is priceless. 
I am one lucky much much younger little sis (he he).... 

Love you Joby-Jo. Happy belated Birthday x x x (sorry, I did write this then, but failed to post it!).