Saturday 28 November 2015

Looking good, and a deeply uncool confession.

Things are looking good in Moly World. Isaac's tummy is better than it was. Not right, by any means, but improving. He has a new drug for this, which is the last in the line of drugs that he can do at home. The next one up from this will have to be on the ward, so fingers crossed this continues to work for him. He is also tolerating Gastrograffin again, which we keep as back up. He has previously had rashes from this, and we have to be very mindful of allergies, which can start at any point. We want to keep this back up, so it's really good news that he seems to be tolerating it again. 

We have been in clinic a lot lately, and I think he has probably missed more school this term than any other one. Its all be pretty shit if I'm honest (pardon the pun). We are very much hoping that we can keep away from hospital until after Christmas now .... But taking each day as it comes. We are also seeing a new team psychologist and hoping to work out some coping strategies around his pain, nausea, and yet still having to go to school. 

The girls are as gorgeous as ever and getting excited for Christmas already, as am I. In fact, I have a confession. One which is truly, deeply, terribly uncool...... Are you ready people? 

I have finished my Christmas shopping. And worse (du da da....) I've wrapped most of it too. 

I know, I know. Don't worry - no decorations up, but I really love December and want to enjoy it all; the Christmas plays, kids parties, carols in the village, ice skating by moonlight, and have friends and family over every weekend... All without the worry of all the presents. I started doing this when I was pregnant with Anouk who was born mid December. After blitzing the shopping while pregnant, those weeks after her birthday were wonderful, I could focus on the kids and enjoying everything I had organised already. Its kinda stuck since then. With three kids and lots of Birthdays (Obie included) at this time of year too, we are soooo busy right now. 

So, while I am out sipping mulled wine and singing Fairytale in New York, I'll think of you suckers pulling your hair out and fighting over that last toy in the shop. Ha ha! 

I have just got home after a night away for work. Nothing like a horrible drive home to make you appreciate just how lovely being home is. I'm going to sleep in a mountain of girly cuddles tonight. 

It's also our 5th wedding anniversary this month. Happy day my love, I really don't know what I would do without you x 


This is us looking a little bit tipsy after the wedding. After a small ceremony, we had a big party at home. Best party ever! You can fit a lot of people and love in a little house if you really want to. 


Classy picture. Making the Moly World M x